Many of you guys were asking on the availability of the Reflow Oven Controller Shield lately. We did some modifications on the shield based on users’ feedback and opinion. We had assembled a small batch of prototypes and have them sent to our maker friends out there to test them out before the final release. The firmware to support the hardware changes is also completed.
Here are some of the changes we made to the shield:
- MAX6675ISA+ is replaced with MAX31855KASA+:
- Pin assignment is being remapped to free up the I2C pins (A4 & A5).
- Bigger push buttons using a single analog pin to free up D2 & D3 for other usage (talking oven anyone?)
- Breakout for the push buttons and LED to allow external push buttons and LED mount on panels.
- Transistor output for SSR drive.
- Lower retail price (not finalized yet, but we think we might be able to push them lower this time).
Before we sign off, here’s a sneak peek of what we are working on (unfortunately, PCB factory in China going into mid-autumn break):
Take care & happy tinkering.