TraLog is a combination of GSM-GPRS, GPS and micro SD in 1 shield. We added every possible feature that we could think of when making this shield. TraLog gives you the capability of GSM-GPRS connectivity, GPS tracking, and data logging capability all in 1 shield without having a 10 storey high shield stacks! We also came out with a simple Arduino compatible library for the WISMO228 GSM-GPRS module that allows you get started straight away without have to worry about messing with AT command (forgetting about the carriage return is a nightmare, ei?). For the EB-3531 GPS module, you’ll need to use the TinyGPS library for NMEA 0183 sequence decoding and for the micro SD, you’ll need the built-in Arduino SD library. You can choose to run the shield off the VIN pin on the Arduino board or through a Li-Ion/Li-Pol cell. For you makers that is more adventerous, the EB-3531 GPS module is configurable to use the SIRF binary format output and other various configurations. The WISMO228 GSM-GPRS module comes preloaded with the latest firmware (version L23) and necessary pins for future firmware upgrading (RX, TX, RTS, CTS) is broken out if newer firmware version are released. Now go and TraLog something!
- Sierra Wireless WISMO228 GSM-GPRS module:
- Quad band (850, 900, 1800 and 1900MHz frequency bands)
- Low power consumption:
- 50uA in off mode
- 1.22mA in idle mode
- Embedded TCP/IP stack
- On-board RTC (2.5uA operating current)
- Globalsat EB-3531 GPS module:
- SIRF-III chipset
- 20 channels
- Tracking sensitivity -159 dBm
- 1s hot start
- Micro SD & SIM card combo slot
- Step down switching regulator:
- 3.6V 2A
- Up to maximum 36V input voltage (limit depends on Arduino VIN)
- Able to operate directly with Li-Ion battery
- Coin cell CR1220 battery backup for EB-3531 GPS hot start
- Coin cell CR1220 battery backup for WISMO228 RTC
- Flexible UART lines selection for WISMO228 through DP3T slide switch:
- Interface directly with PC (bypass ATMega chip from Arduino board) – useful when you want to try out the AT command directly
- Hardware UART on D0 & D1
- Software UART on D2 & D3 or D5 & D6.
- On and off control of WISMO228:
- Software control through pin A1 or
- SPNO tact switch
- On and off control of EB-3531:
- Software control through pin D9 or
- Permanently on
- RI (ring indicator) line on WISMO228 (selectable through jumper to pin D2) to provide new SMS indication and incoming call (you don’t have to worry about polling for new SMS or having a big buffer when multiple new SMS is in storage
- PPS (pulse per second) line on EB-3531 (selectable through jumper to pin D3) to provide accurate 1s timing which is useful for situation where time based task execution is required
- GSM activity indication LED – You know when your GSM-GPRS is alive & kicking
- GPS status indication LED – GPS fix indication
- Voltage translation between Arduino board and shield
- Works with both 5V and 3.3V Arduino boards
- ESD and transient protection on SIM card
- Edge SMA connector for both GSM-GPRS module and GPS module
- 2dBi GSM antenna (included)
- Active patch GPS antenna with 3m cable (included)
- Arduino reset tact switch
I am very interested in this board.
When will it be back in stock?
Does the new version will introduce changes?
-New version of the TraLog shield is already on sale.